Monday, May 24, 2010

Good-bye Guam

Wow Guam was great- but hot! I was totally a wilting Canadian by the end of the weekend- wish me luck in Vietnam- it's supposed to be even hotter. Thankfully God invented SPF 100 which I have found in a sweatproof/waterproof formula it has been and will continue to be a blessing.

We picked up a whole compliment of new people here- almost doubling our numbers and today you knew it. Suddenly there were lines for the mess deck and bathroom pile ups in the morning. It's a bit crazy but I guess we'll get used to it in a hurry. On the plus side more people on board means more people to share the workload- making beds on pediatrics (something that would have taken the old crew at least all day) took the new much bigger crew only about 30 minutes! Sweet!

One cool thing I got to see in Guam was our quiet protectors that have been watching over us so far this trip and will continue to watch over us as we proceed. We had heard rumors of their existence but once here we actually saw proof. I'm not allowed to really expand on them (or take pictures) but it is a great comfort to know that we are being watched over and protected. I am so grateful to those who are quietly doing that job with so little fanfare or even recognition.

I also got to talk to family on the phone this week and it was great to hear everyone's voices and that all are doing well. As much as I love my new "ship family" it's always good to hear from everyone back home.

It's back at sea this morning and this time I haven't even noticed the rocking at all. Some of the new people point it out and then I realize that it's happening- SO glad I haven't been sea sick! Here's hoping that the rest of the week will go quickly and be busy.

Amy J :)

3 comments:

  1. So much fun to talk to you- hard to believe you're almost on the other side of the globe when you sound like you're in the same room! Glad you caught up to us when Andrew and Laura were here. Happy Sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you take lots of pictures that you can share with us when you get back. Sounds like it is going to be quite the adventure. You are fortunate that you don't get sea sick!
    Can you imagine what that would be like day in and day out! Glad you are meeting some wonderful people to share this with. So fun to follow your travels and see all the fun you are having. Keep healthy, happy, and smiling.
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a blast! I think it is so awesome what you are doing, and what a great experience! So glad I can read your posts and follow you on your adventure! Keep safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete