Friday, May 7, 2010

Freaking out

So last night it finally dawned on me that it was my last in my own house and in my own bed. Needless to say I spent about 3 hours lounging in the tub (my last proper bath- it's Navy showers from here on out) and then this morning had a very hard time crawling out of my queen sized pillow top bed. I still don't think it's quite hit me yet what I'm about to do and I'm sure when it does I may start to hyperventilate.

Packing is done. I'm sure I've forgotten something important but can't figure out what it is... passport- check, toothbrusth-check... I was awake in bed at 0200 mentally reviewing what was in what bag and was it on the packing list and did I pack enough (or too much for that matter). And please oh please let the airport scales be the same as mine because my bags are perfectly proportioned in size and weight (according to my scale that is). My room is a tiny bit of a disaster- looks like a bomb has gone off but I really don't have time to make it clean and honestly right now- just don't care anymore.

My cousins took me for dinner and movie on Wednesday. Was so much fun to get to see them and have a proper girls night before leaving. We went to "The Back Up Plan" and I haven't laughed that hard about anything in a long time. My sister and I are planning on hitting a movie tonight before she drops me off at the airport- I want to try and get into "Iron Man 2" I'm such a movie lover that the idea of missing the entire summer blockbuster season is killing me. Oh well I'll have a massive rental night when I get home. And now I'm rambling so I'm going to go and finish packing, say goodbye to my shoes (practical ones only allowed on the boat) and then try to fit my box into the back seat of the Jetta- it may not happen so wish me luck.

Amy J:)

4 comments:

  1. Just thing of the movie marathon you'll be able to do when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kklein24@gmail.comMay 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM

    Amy Good Luck! I served for 2 months on the USNS Comfort last summer with LDS Charities. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and the most rewarding. I honestly think about it everyday since. I wanted to go on the Mercy this year but my daughter is pregnant and due in June and I need to stay home. I know exactly how you are feeling. I wanted to go so much that I was willing to go for 2 months and I kept wondering what I had gotten myself into. In the end I wanted to stay longer but they didn't need me, it was the last country. I will keep watching your blog. KEEP A JOURNAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to follow your journey. Have fun, be safe and remember your daily prayers! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you Amy! Good luck on your travels.I'm sure it is going to be something you will look back on in the future and realize what a blessing it has been in your life. Excited to follow your travels.
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete